It’s always great fun to read up some crazy facts on celebrities. It’s interesting to see how the lives of celebrities turned out and what they are up to. It’s great to see how some celebrities like Will Smith never seem to age while others fall right off the map due to their sudden feature changes. The scandals, the adventures and the silly things celebrities do often makes you feel a lot better about your own personal life and your own personal achievements. An actor that you probably haven’t heard off in a while is Stephen Collins. Collins played roles in several TV shows and movies and his name was once one of the best known celebrity names. Here are some crazy Stephen Collins facts.
- His full name is Stephen Weaver Collins although everyone simply knows him as Stephen Collins.
- Stephen Collins was born on 1 October 1947 and is from Des Moines Lowa in America. He is the son of Madeleine and Cyrus Collins and he has two older brothers.
- He loved hobbies like playing the bass guitar and rhythm guitar and he played for a number of rock and roll bands in his youth.
- His first appearance on film was for the TV show The Waltons in 1975 where he appeared in a single episode; The Abdication.
- Collins is most famous for his role as Eric Camden in the popular family TV show 7th Heaven. 7th Heaven was popular from 1996 to 2007 and features Eric Camden, a reverend that battles to raise his seven children on solid Christian foundations and help them and his wife through several everyday life and family ordeals. If you are looking for a good show to enjoy with the entire family then 7th Heaven is definitely a show to look out for.
- Collins appeared in more than 47 TV shows of which he sometimes was featured in only single episodes and other times starred or was one of the prolonged characters. His most recent appearance was in the TV show The Revolution in 2013.
- He also acted in more than 20 films between 1976 and 2012. What a busy life!
- Stephen Collins also wrote two books. Eye contact, a thriller with quite a few sexy scenes and Double Exposure, a fiction book about an actor of broadcast television whose own personal life is a complete mess.
On 8 October 2014, Stephen Collins made headlines but not in a good way. A recording was released to the public in which Collins admitted to his wife to the molestation of various under aged girls before 2012. The recording was devastating to his career. He was fired from the production of Ted 2 and a Christian network discarded the TV show 7th Heaven from their channel. In December 2014, Collins admitted that the recording was true and that he had sexually abused three under aged minors in 1973, 1982 and 1994.